|sailorstarsun (sailorstarsun) wrote,|
@ 2014-03-07 02:24:00
doll meme, just because
I have seriously not felt like doing anything for a while now. Various things have been going on, and I just don't feel like talking about them, even though I do. (I guess it's more like, I wish I could sit down with someone and talk over a cup of coffee or something, but since I don't have any friends, it's impossible. But I certainly don't feel like writing about things because it's just too much of an effort.)
So instead of doing anything productive, I'll waste my time with doll-related BS.
1. How many dolls do you own?
I'm now at 11, believe it or not.
2. What is the most dolls you’ve owned at one time?
3. What is your favorite size and why?
I actually prefer minis(43cm - 46cm), since they're easier for my tiny self to handle and take up less space.
4. Have you ever sold a doll? Why or why not?
I sold a doll head - one that I really liked and had originally intended on making a character with - when I was getting ready to move to Japan, because I needed the money and less stuff.
5. What comes first, the doll or the dolls name?
I've had both happen. I've had dolls that had names before the mold was even chosen, and I've had dolls that I ordered and worked on finding a name for while waiting for them to arrive. The two most recent ones I actually had the doll (or at least the head) arrive and still didn't have a name for them.
6. Do you have a favorite company and why?
I have a few favorite companies. I really like Luts and Soom because their dolls are gorgeous and they're continuously putting out new things. I also love Dream of Doll's dolls, though they rarely produce anything new.
7. What company do you like the least and why?
I don't think I really have any companies that I actively dislike. There are companies whose dolls I think are FUGLY, but that's just my opinion on their aesthetics, and I have nothing against the companies themselves.
8. What do you think of people that let their pets around their dolls?
For the most part, I don't care, but if it's something like someone has a dog that they know chews on stuff, yet they still let it around their dolls, that bothers me. The resin can't be good for the poor dog, so it would be irresponsible to let the dog have access to the dolls. It would be akin to not child-proofing the bleach cabinet in a house with a toddler.
9. What kinds of wigs do you like, fiber, mohair, or fur?
Fiber, but it's so hard to find sizes and/or styles that I need and/or like.
10. Is your collection made of human, fantasy, or a mix of dolls?
I have a mix. ... Which is kind of funny, because I'd only ever intended on having human characters, but now almost a full half of them are fantasy. Oops...
11. Are your dolls all from one company?
No, we actually have eight different companies up in here.
12. Secondhand dolls, do you own any?
I do now.
Though actually, Decca's head is technically secondhand, though the previous owner never did anything with it, so it may as well be new.
13. Do you still own your first doll? And if not, why did you sell it?
Yes, I do.
14. How many dolls did you get in your first year?
Technically, I got two the first year, but there were 10 months in between them, so it doesn't really feel like it.
15. What’s the most important part of a head sculpt for you?
That everything is in proportion. I don't have any specific features that I focus on, though.
16. What is most important for a doll body for you?
That it's proportionate to the head.
17. BJD couples, what is acceptable in your eyes?
Everything. They're just fucking dolls.
18. Has it ever happened where you’d made all sorts of plans for a doll and once it arrived none of them fit? What did you do?
YES. I think I've mentioned this before, but when I was planning out Luke, I had originally intended on him being sweet and gentle, based on the company's pictures. But I didn't get the company faceup; I had an acquaintance do his faceup, and he came back much darker and sharper than expected. He didn't look sweet or gentle at all. In the end, I just went with it, and he became a perverted brat. He is who he is.
19. What is your favorite doll you own?
Günter Clay Günter I don't play favorites.
20. How do you name your dolls?
In various ways. Two are named after singers I like, two are named after numbers, one came from glancing at an object while thinking "What am I going to name him?" One was just a name that suddenly popped into my head, another is a shortened version of a loved anime character's name, and two were simply the names I settled on after repeatedly narrowing down a list. And two - I shit you not - got their names from a joke conversation some people and I had ages ago. (And of those people, I only still talk to one, and I doubt she remembers the conversation. Heh.)
The new boy finally has a name, by the way. Now I just need to work on his look, and I can properly introduce him.
(Though I realize I still haven't given Decca a real introduction yet either. Oops...)